Futureforce Hackathon Contest
Official Contest Rules
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional acceptance of these official rules (“Official Rules”) and the decisions of the judges, administrators and Sponsor, which are final and binding in all aspects.
- ENTRY PERIOD: The Futureforce Hackathon (“Contest”) begins on July 27, 2020 at 10:00 am PT and ends on July 30, 2020 at 12:00pm PT (“Contest Period”). Contest submission period is from July 27, 2020 at 10:00am PT to July 29, 2020 at 11:59 pm PT (“Submission Period”). Sponsor’s computer will be the official clock for the Contest. All entries must be received during the Entry Period to be eligible to enter the Contest or win a prize. All times in these Official Rules are Pacific Time (PT).
- SPONSOR: The Contest is sponsored by salesforce.com, inc. (“Sponsor” or “Salesforce”). In these Official Rules, “we,” “us,” or “our” refer to salesforce.com, inc. and/or the Contest Entities, and the terms “you” refer to you, the entrant, both as an individual and as part of your team.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to individuals who (i) are 18 years of age or older (or who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence as of the date of entry); (ii) are legal residents of the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia; and (iii) are actively enrolled full-time in a U.S college or university.
The following individuals are not allowed to participate in the Contest or win any prize: (i) individuals who are, or at any point since July 27, 2018 have been, employees, contractors, consultants, officers, directors and agents of Sponsor, its parent, divisions, subsidiaries, agents, promotional partners, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers (“Contest Entities”), (ii) individuals who are the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) or household members of any of those current or former employees listed in subsection (i); (iii) individuals who are current employees of an entity in which Sponsor has invested and holds an ownership interest; (iv) individuals who are current employees of a third-party sponsor of the Contest. If you enter this Contest on behalf of a company, you represent and warrant that you are an authorized agent with the authority to enter on its behalf and bind said Company. Employees or officials of any government entity are not eligible to participate or win a prize. Failure to meet the eligibility requirements will result in an entry being invalid and forfeiture of any prize. Companies and individuals outside of the Eligibility Area are not eligible to participate or win a prize. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant that Sponsor determines could potentially reflect negatively on Sponsor’s image. VOID OUTSIDE OF THE ELIGIBILITY AREA AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. Contest is subject to applicable laws.
- TO ENTER: During the Entry Period, eligible participants must, in accordance with the Submission Guidelines below, (i) complete the Contest Registration as set forth in Section 7 below; (ii) develop and submit their code to a public GitHub repository; and (iii) create and submit a short demonstration video to a Google Drive Folder that we will provide a link to registered participants (subsections (ii) and (iii) together an “Entry”). Entrants may register as an individual or as a team of up to five (5) members. Each team member must also meet the eligibility requirements in order to participate. Team members should be selected carefully because (i) you will not be allowed to switch teams or add or remove team members after the Contest begins and (ii) we are not responsible for, and will not assist in resolving, any disputes between team members. Limit of one (1) entry per person or team during the Entry Period, regardless of the method of entry. For purposes of clarity, if you enter as part of a team you are not allowed to enter as an individual. Entries will be disqualified if they are late, incomplete and/or in excess of the stated entry limits. Any entries attempted through the use of agencies or robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar methods will be void. Entry information becomes the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. For additional details, please see section 14 below for information about how we may use your submission.
- REGISTRATION: To register for the Contest, complete following steps (“Contest Registration”):
- Sign up for the Futureforce Hackathon on Splash. If participating as a team, each individual must register on Splash. Splash is a third party site for which Sponsor is not responsible. Registration on Splash is subject to the terms and conditions of Splash.
- Register on Devpost: If participating as a team, each individual must register on Devpot by visiting the Devpost site and following all links and instructions to complete registration (including providing all required information). Devpost is a third party site for which Sponsor is not responsible. You may sign up to create a Devpost account, or log in with an existing Devpost account. There is no charge for creating a Devpost account. This will enable you to receive important updates and access the “Enter a Submission” page.
Create a Developer Account on the Salesforce Lightning Platform: At least one (1) individual per team must have a Salesforce Lightning Platform developer account. If you do not already have an account, you can create a free account by visiting Salesforce Lightning Platform.
- Futureforce Hackathon: After completing the Contest Registration, eligible participants may join the Futureforce Hackathon event, beginning with the Futureforce Hackathon kickoff on Monday, July 27, 2020 at 10:00am PT. Entrants will be invited via email to create an application consistent with criteria for one of the available categories posted on Devpost. All Contest submissions must be built entirely during the Submission Period and must adhere to the Submission Guidelines below. Prior to the end of the Submission Period, you may save draft versions of your Submission on Devpost to your portfolio before submitting the Submission materials to the Hackathon for evaluation. Once the Submission Period has ended, you may not make any changes or alterations to your Submission. All Entries, demos and GitHub links must be submitted in Devpost by 11:59PM PT on Wednesday, July 29, 2020.
- SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: All entries must be consistent with the following submission guidelines:
Be freely redistributable by Salesforce via public GitHub or similar repositories. Your code repository must be public. Code will be used only for solution review and testing.
Not contain confidential, proprietary or other sensitive information, including but not limited to any third party personal information or any third party’s intellectual property.
Entry must not infringe, misappropriate, or violate any rights of any third party including, without limitation, copyright (including moral rights), trademark, trade secret, or right of privacy or publicity.
Entry must contain original content, must be unpublished and not have been submitted in any other contest, promotion, competition, or challenge.
Entry must not contain or describe any harmful or illegal activity or content or in any way violate any federal, state, or local laws, rules or regulations.
Entry must not include any malware, spyware, viruses or similar harmful code or content.
At any time, and at its sole discretion, the Sponsor will have the ability to disqualify a submission for not sufficiently fitting the submission requirements set forth in this Section.
If applicable, include a link to any open source licensing in the entrant(s) Devpost profile. See the following link for additional information on open source licenses: https://opensource.org/licenses. Entries may not contain source code, sample code, libraries, SDKs, and APIs that are not publicly discoverable or available for public use in developing applications; where code or previous versions were not publicly available on the internet before July 8, 2020, cannot be indexed and reachable through Google’s search engine, or are not easily accessible (i.e., access requires sign up and access cannot be granted within 3 hours).
Complete and enter all of the required fields and questions on the “Enter a Submission” page of the Devpost Future Hackathon Website.
Demo Video: The video portion of the Submission must meet the following criteria:
Include originaBe less than two (2) minutes in lengthl footage that clearly explains your entry’s features and functionality;
Uploaded to Google Drive Folder, a link will be provide to registered participants, and a link to the video must be provided on the Submission form on the Contest website; and
Must not include third party trademarks, or copyrighted music or other material unless the Team has permission to use such material.
- All materials related to the submissions must be in English
By submitting an Entry, your represent and warrant that (i) your Entry complies with the Submission Guidelines; (ii) if applicable, any code that has been copied by you and included as part of your Entry is publicly available in accordance with the requirements set forth under the Submission Guidelines above; and (iii) you have fully complied with these Official Rules. We reserve the right to assess your eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules at any point during the Contest. If we require any assistance in order to assess your compliance, you must promptly provide that assistance. If you do not provide the requested assistance in a timely manner, or if we have reason to believe that you are not complying with the Official Rules, you may be disqualified, in our sole discretion.
- JUDGING: Sponsor will review all entries for compliance with these Official Rules. All eligible submissions will be judged by a panel of judges comprised of employees of Sponsor and at least two (2) independent judge based on the following judging criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
Demo Delivery (20%)
- Preliminary judging of submitted entries will take place between 12:00am and 10:59am (PT) Thursday, July 30, 2020.
- The top 20% of Entries with the highest points will move to a finalist round (“Finalists”). Finalists will be notified via email on Thursday, July 30, 2020 at approximately 11:00am (PT).
- Finalists will be invited to present in the Futureforce Hackathon Finals Judging Event and must be ready to present and ask questions on Thursday, July 30, 2020 at 1:00pm PT.
- The judges will evaluate the Finalists and select the top three (3) Entries. The top three (3) Entries will be invited to pitch their Entry at the Futureforce Equality Summit on Friday, July 31 at 1:00pm (PT).
The top three (3) Entries (with a minimum of one (1) person and maximum of five (5) people on each team) with the highest scores will be the potential winners. In the event of a tie for any prize, the tied entrant with the higher score in the Demo Delivery criterion will be the winner(s). Additionally, there will be three (3) runner up entries selected, one for each of the following categories: “Most Creative”, “Most Impactful” and “Best Demo Delivery.” The selection of the three (3) runner up entries will also be based on the Judging Criteria set forth above. Judging and final determination of the winner(s) and runners up will be in the sole discretion of the judges.
- PRIZE AND PRIZE VALUE: The top three (3) Entries will be eligible for the following prizes:
1st Place: $600 USD American Express® gift card for each team member AND each team can also designate one (1) 501(c)(3) nonprofit charity approved by Sponsor (“Charity”) to receive a $500 Sponsor donation. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each first prize (exclusive of the Charity donation) is $600.00 each; up to $3,000 for up to five team members. The ARV of each first prize inclusive of the Charity donation is $1,100 each; up to $5,500 for up to five team members.
2nd Place: $400 USD American Express® gift card for each team member AND each team can also designate one (1) Charity to receive a $300 donation from Sponsor. The ARV of the second prize (exclusive of the Charity donation) is $400.00 each; up to $2,000 for up to five team members. The ARV of each second prize inclusive of the Charity donation is $700 each; up to $3,500 for up to five team members.
3rd Place: $200 American Express® gift card for each team member AND each team can also designate one (1) Charity to receive a $200 Sponsor donation. The ARV of the third prize (exclusive of Charity donation) is $200.00 each; up to $1,000 for up to five team members. The ARV of each third prize inclusive of the Charity donation is $400 each; up to $2,000 for up to five team members.
The total ARV of all prizes exclusive of the Charity donation is up to $6,000 and inclusive of the Charity donation is up to $11,000. All currency listed in these Official Rules is in USD.
Most Creative: Entrants with the “Most Creative” Entry can designate one (1) Charity to receive a $100 Sponsor donation (one donation per team).
Most impactful: Entrants with the “Most Impactful” Entry may designate one (1) Charity to receive a $100 Sponsor donation (one donation per team)..
Best Demo Delivery: Entrants with the “Best Demo Delivery” Entry can designate one (1) Charity to receive a $100 Sponsor donation (one donation per team).
- PRIZE DETAILS AND CONDITIONS: American Express® gift card(s) are subject to American Express® terms and conditions, including without limitation expiration dates and associated fees. The Charity selected by the potential winner(s) is subject to Sponsor’s review and approval. Any prize details not specified herein will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Any prize details not specified herein will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Prizes are not transferable, assignable or refundable and cannot be substituted for cash. Prizes must be accepted as awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater monetary value to the prizes if for any reason any prize cannot be awarded as contemplated in these Official Rules. Sponsor is not responsible for lost or stolen prize elements. Prizes may be reported as income to a winner and the winner will be responsible for all taxes associated with the receipt of any prize. Winners may be required to complete required tax forms or other documents requested within the time period stipulated by Sponsor. Winners may be responsible for any costs and expenses not listed herein. Winners will receive their prizes within 30 days of the relevant prize date closing date unless notified otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel if the fairness of the Contest is compromised. Proof of identity, age and/or legal residence may be required to claim the prize. Failure to comply with any of the requirements set forth in the Official Rules may result in disqualification or forfeiture of the prize.
WINNER NOTIFICATION AND ANNOUNCEMENT: Potential winners will be notified on or about Friday, July 31, 2020 between 10:00am – 2:00pm PT. Sponsor will not be liable for any potential prize notification that is lost, intercepted, or not received by any potential winner for any reason. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within five (5) days after the first attempt to contact the winner, the Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner from the remaining eligible entries. If a potential winner is unable to accept the prize or any portion of the prize for any reason, Sponsor shall have no further obligation to such potential winner. There is a limit of one (1) prize per entrant. You need not be present to win. In order to receive a prize, the winner may be required to sign a Declaration of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law).
- SPONSOR’S USE OF ENTRIES:
- You do not transfer ownership of your entry (or any part of it). However, by submitting an entry, you grant us an irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide rights and license to: (a) use, review, assess, test, and otherwise analyze your entry and all its content in connection with the Contest; and (b) feature your entry and all its content for promotional purposes (including, but not limited to, in advertisements, press releases, presentations, and trade shows) in all media, now known or later developed. You also agree to sign any necessary documentation that may be required for us and our designees to make use of the rights you granted.
You acknowledge that we, other entrants or others may have developed or commissioned materials similar or identical to your entry, or may develop something similar in the future, and you waive any claims you may have resulting from any similarities to your entry.
- You understand that we cannot control the information you disclose to us or our representatives in the course of participating in the Contest, or what we or our representatives will remember about your entry. You also understand that we will not restrict work assignments of representatives who have had access to your entry. By participating in the Contest, you agree that we may use any information in our representatives’ unaided memories in the development or deployment of our products or services without liability or compensation to you. You understand that you will not receive any compensation or credit from us for use of your entry in connection with this Contest. We are not responsible for any unauthorized use of your entry by those accessing or viewing your entry.
- Please note that after the Contest, you and/or your entry may be publicized in advertisements related to the Futerforce Hackathon. These advertisements may be distributed online and posted on our site or third-party websites.
- While we reserve the rights set forth above, we are not obligated to use your entry for any purpose, even if it has been selected as a winning entry.
- If you do not want to grant us these rights to your entry, please do not enter this Contest.
- Nothing in these Rules shall be interpreted as granting you permission to use or display any of the salesforce.com trademarks (including any logo or brand) or rights in any salesforce.com technologies or IP. You agree to contact us prior to promoting or publicizing your participation in and, if applicable, you winning the Contest.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Contest Entities and Internet/wireless access providers are not responsible for incomplete, late, lost, misdirected or postage-due entries or mail, or for any technical malfunction, human error, lost or delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, and defect or line failure in connection with any telephone network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entries are void if unreadable, inaccurate, and incomplete, mutilated, tampered with, forged, mechanically reproduced, irregular in any way or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. Contest Entities make no warranties, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished or made available in connection with the Contest. Although Sponsor attempts to ensure the integrity of the Contest, Contest Entities are not responsible for the actions of entrants or other individuals in connection with the Contest, including entrants’ or other individuals’ attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest. Contest Entities are not responsible for injury or damage to entrant’s or to any other person’s computer(s), wireless devices, other equipment or person(s), related to or resulting from participation in the Contest or downloading materials from or using any website. In the event of any conflict between any details contained in these Official Rules and details contained in any Contest advertising materials, the details of the Contest as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of an insufficient number of eligible entries, damage by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical limitations or failures, by reason of any acts of God, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, unusually severe weather, strikes or legal disputes (whether legal or illegal), industry conditions, bankruptcy or liquidation, marketplace demands, applicable law, unforeseen obstacles or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, could corrupt, compromise, undermine or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, viability or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend all or any part of the Contest, and to select the prize winner from among the applicable eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, as applicable, or to proceed in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Screenshots or any other evidence of entry submission will not be deemed receipt of any such entry. Entry must be made by the entrant and via the means described herein. You are not a winner until your entry has been verified and you have complied with these Official Rules. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, if any, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter the Contest will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- RELEASE, LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, AND INDEMNIFICATION: By participating in the Contest, you agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent, its subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contestor receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors; (c) printing errors; (d) late or undelivered mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property. You waive the right to claim any attorney’s fees and any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Entrant agrees that in any cause of action, the Contest Entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, agents, shareholders, successors and assigns liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the contest.
- PRIVACY AND PUBLICITY: Any information you submit as part of the Contest will be treated in accordance with Sponsor’s Privacy Statement, currently located at https://www.salesforce.com/company/privacy/full_privacy/. Except where prohibited, each potential winner consents to the use of their respective name, voice, photograph and/or likeness for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or compensation, and may be required to provide a signed release acknowledging such consent.
- SEVERABILITY: If any provision of these Official Rules is found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Official Rules and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. Headings and captions are used in these Official Rules solely for convenience of reference and shall not be deeded to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Official Rules or any provision thereof.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, actual or alleged claims, and causes of action at law or in equity, (“Claims”) will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Claims arising out of or relating to this Contest, including without limitation, the interpretation of the Official rules or any prize awarded will be resolved by applying the laws of California, without regard to conflict of laws. Claims will be solely and exclusively brought in the state or federal courts located in San Francisco, California.
- CONTEST RESULTS: To receive the name, city and state of the winner, you can send an email to email@example.com with the subject, “Futureforce Hackathon.” Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Entry Period.
SPONSOR CONTACT: salesforce.com, inc., Salesforce Tower, 415 Mission Street, 3rd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105. All rights reserved.